Sat, Apr 16|
Boulder Springs Conservation Easement
Boulder Springs Wildflower Walk 4/23/2022 (1PM - 3PM)
Join the Oconee River Land Trust (ORLT) on Saturday, April 23rd for an afternoon hike through wildflower-filled forests on the Boulder Springs conservation easement. NOTE: BY POPULAR DEMAND WE HAVE ADDED THIS SECOND HIKE TIME SLOT. SPACE IS LIMITED SO RSVP FAST!
Time & Location
Apr 16, 2022, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Boulder Springs Conservation Easement, 1050 Spring Lake Dr, Bishop, GA 30621, USA
About the event
Join the Oconee River Land Trust (ORLT) on April 23rd, 2022 for an afternoon hike at the Boulder Springs conservation easement. Our group will meet in the parking lot in front of the pond, next to the tennis courts and swimming pool off of Spring Lake Drive. From there we will be leading a 1 – 2-mile leisurely walk, through wildflower-filled forests in the Boulder Springs neighborhood. We will be limiting this event to 20 participants.
• When: Saturday, April 23rd 2022, 1:00PM – 3PM
• Cost: Free!
• Where to meet: 1050 Spring Lake Drive, Bishop, GA 30621
• Details: The walk will take us through mesic and bottomland hardwood forests with an unusually high diversity of native wildflowers. We will see Catesby’s Trillium (Trillium catesbaei), mayapple (Podophyllum peltatum), bloodroot (Sanguinaria canadensis), Solomon’s seal (Polygonatum biflorum), wild geranium (Geranium maculatum), and white fringetree (Chionanthus virginicus), among others.
• What to bring: Hiking shoes, water, and a walking stick (if needed). We will be going slowly, but will traverse some steeper terrain in places.
• Parking: We will meet in the parking lot in front of the pond, next to the tennis courts and swimming pool off of Spring Lake Drive